Only a few days ago, I found myself without power for almost 48 hours. While two days might not seem like a big deal, it turned out to be a bigger ordeal than I imagined. Now you might wonder what does a power outage have to do with health? Everything. We forget how convenient the electric grid makes our lives. Continue reading
It's downright scary that legislation on personal care products has not been updated in over 80 years! Especially when you realize that the people who use more personal care products are women, which includes pregnant women. As more and more research
is showing that what is put on the skin does absorb through into the rest of the body, it is becoming more crucial that we know what is in the personal care products we use. Continue reading
What some think are ordinary daily habits of putting a scented dryer sheet in with a load of laundry, or simply washing their hair with a new scented shampoo, putting on a strongly scented deodorant, followed by a dash of perfume or cologne, are not really ordinary or even normal. In fact, they may be toxic Continue reading
Several years ago when Nature’s Complement was just beginning to become a real thing, I had an overwhelming amount of support. Many who knew me, and my skin issues, were more than supportive in my endeavor to create quality products for others, on an official basis finally. The support came in many ways including Continue reading
A perfect title I must say, and I don't say that often. Immunology is quite complex, and the textbooks that go along with it are generally not for those without a biology and physiology background. However neither are needed to enjoy this book and gain an appreciation for how important and complex our immune systems really are.
In response to recent COVID events, many manufacturers had to act fast about how to manage the hand sanitizer shortage amid the price gouging for some very basic ingredients. While many manufacturers adhered to the World Health Organization's (WHO) formula, many didn't. The FDA has now confirmed cases of blindness and death as a result of improperly formulated hand sanitizer. Continue reading